We thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at our school. For the safety of our students, we require that you attend Volunteer Orientations online or in person, complete a paper application, and complete the Volunteer Orientation Assessment.
You may access the Volunteer Orientation presentation, volunteer application and complete the quiz by following the links provided below.
Step by Step Instructions To Become a Volunteer:
Step 1: Attend a virtual or in-person orientation and complete our attendance form.
Step 2: Download and read the Volunteer Handbook.
Step 3: Submit a Volunteer Application to our front office or email email@example.com
Step 4: Complete the Volunteer Orientation Assessment.
Level 2 Volunteers (Field Trip Chaperones)
Step 5: Complete the Background Check Application (fee applies). You will receive a card upon approval that is good for 3 years. Please forward the email you receive when completed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NHCS Board Policies for Volunteers
Volunteer Policy 5015
School Board Policies
Gets Students Moving!
- Research indicates that physical activity makes children ready to learn.
- Exercise habits learned at an early age tend to persist into adulthood.
- Childhood obesity is at epidemic
proportions in the United States.
For these reasons and others, the Masonboro Elementary School PTA started a morning walking program during the 2005-2006 school year. In this program, students walk outside any time (on their scheduled days) between 7:15 and 7:40am. This program is optional and all Masonboro students are invited to join. Students may participate in every session or as desired. Students in grades K - 2 walk on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Students in grades 3 -5 walk on Wednesdays and Fridays.
WALKING CLUB EXPECTATIONS
- Walking Club is from 7:15 to 7:32am.
- Participate as often as possible.
- Children must report to their class prior to going to walking club.
- If a child wants breakfast, they must eat before going to walking club.
- Encourage classmates to participate.
- Walk as many laps as possible during the time you are outside walking. Keep up the pace!
- Have fun walking with your friends.
- Listen and show respect to the parent volunteers.
- Listen and show respect to fellow students.
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Keep personal belongings in the classroom.
- Understand that any poor choices made can result in “no walking club” for the day or even multiple days.
- WALK ONLY
K-1 Tuesday/Thursday on the north playground
2-3 Monday/Wednesday on the south playground
4-5 Wednesday/Friday on the south playground